AUTOMOBILE CARRIER DRIVER (NOC: 73300)
- Jas & Sons Transport Ltd. – Posted by Roshni-Ads
- Langley Township, British Columbia, Canada
- Job ID : 50635
- Category : Transportation
- Job Type : Full-Time
- Salary : $56,160 Annually
- Anticipated Start Date : 2023-05-09
- Posting Date : 12 May 2023
- Expiry Date : 11 May 2024
Posted on May 09, 2023, by Jas & Sons Transport Ltd.
Location: Aldergrove, BCV4W 4A4
Salary: 27.00 hourly 40 hours per Week
Terms of employment
Permanent employment: Full time
Day, Early Morning, Evening, Morning, Night, Overtime, Weekend
Start date: Starts as soon as possible.
Vacancies: 4 vacancies
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience an asset.
- Professionalism in customer service
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
- Load and unload goods
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- Perform brake adjustments
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
- Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Class 1/1F/A Licence (semi trailer trucks)
- Working at heights training
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
- Driver's License (Class 1 or A)
- First Aid Certificate
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
Experience and specialization
- Documentation knowledge
- Accident or incident reports
- Driver logbook
- Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip)
- Maintenance and repair reports
- Trip reports
Communication systems experience
Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
- Additional information
- Security and safety
- Drug test
- Medical exam
- Travel expenses paid by employer
- Valid driver's licence
- Willing to travel for extended periods
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Handling heavy loads
- Large workload
- Overtime required
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Own tools/equipment
- Cellular phone
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to Apply
- By applying directly on Job Bank (Direct Apply)
- By email: email@example.com
Here is what you must include in your application:
- References attesting experience.
- Proof of the requested certifications
- Cover letter
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
No views yet