Funeral Director and Embalmer Apprentice
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Position Title: Funeral Director & Embalmer Apprentice, Full Time, Permanent, Hourly
Position Location: Providence Funeral Homes Penticton Chapel (1258 Main Street, Penticton, BC)
About the Business:
Providence Funeral Homes Inc. is a collection of full-service funeral homes focused on providing exceptional care of our client families, community and our team. We have three established brands; Providence Funeral Homes (located in Penticton and Summerland), Hanson’s Arbor Funeral Chapels (located in West Kelowna, Penticton, Keremeos and Princeton), and Bowers Funeral Services (located in Salmon Arm, Revelstoke as Brandon Bowers Funeral Services, and Golden as Hindman Bowers Funeral Services). We also serve the South Okanangan and Similkameen Valleys with our cremation focused brand, Simple Cremation by Graham Funeral Home.
We are supported by our partnership with Park Lawn, yet each chapel is managed locally, with a focus on the individual needs of every family, community and team member. We are committed to serving our community by providing peace of mind during some of the most difficult times life offers. Our team strives to help in any way we can, whether you have suffered a loss or are looking for more information and support, we are here to guide you through with understanding and dignity.
About the Position:
The position of Funeral Director and Embalmer Apprentice will be based in our Penticton location. We are searching for an individual who ideally (but not mandatory) already has experience in the funeral service profession, has begun and completed at least one term of their required education for apprenticeship, and has the experience necessary to begin contributing to our team under the mentorship of our established funeral directors and embalmers immediately.
A flexible schedule including weekends and evenings is a must, as the apprentice will be assisting with funeral services and evening prayers, as well as on call transfer duties. Our ideal candidate will be interested in learning and performing all tasks surrounding the funeral service profession, including cleaning (funeral home, preparation room, vehicles, etc), administration (record maintenance, registrations of death, Estate Settlement paperwork), crematorium duties (assisting with processing cremation, general cleanliness and logistics) as well as focusing on their education.
Knowledge, skills and experience requirements for this role:
- Must be eligible to complete apprenticeship and become a Licensed Funeral Director & Embalmer by 2023.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in a related field (social services, health care, etc). Post secondary education in a related field an asset as well.
- Minimum six (6) months experience working in a Funeral Home preferred, but not mandatory.
- A valid driver’s license
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak and write in English fluently is required. Additional languages are an asset.
- Knowledge of computers and software including MS Office products required
- Able to perform on-call responsibilities including taking calls, talking with families, answering questions, providing initial details, and conducting transfers
- Ability to professionally display compassion and empathy while effectively representing the business
- Excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written and presentation
- Exemplifies values of integrity, honesty, trust, teamwork, and excellence
The successful candidate will receive a competitive wage ($21.00 per hour), 40 hours per week.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position or learning more, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Cassandra Capone, Manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks, clean driving record, and proof of education are essential conditions of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment.
No views yet