Food Service Supervisor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Beaucoup Bakery & Café is known as one of Vancouver's best bakeries with a focus on French pastries. We take intense pride in our work, hold ourselves to only the highest standards of quality and are looking for those with the same commitment and passion to join our team. We offer a number of unique perks including competitive wages, an annual scholarship awarded to our most dedicated cook to study at Paris’ École Gastronomique Bellouet Conseil, an annual barista scholarship to coffee plantations in Guatemala, plus extended medical benefits and more. We are on the lookout for dedicated people who want to be challenged towards excellence and who are not afraid of hard work. We want you to join our team if you share our like minded values of: teamwork, dedication, open-mindedness and passion.
Position: Food Service Supervisor
Work Hours: 30 -40 hrs per week (weekends and holidays)
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Benefits: 4% vacation pay and extended benefits after three months of full-time employment.
Work Location: 2150 Fir St, Vancouver, BC, V6J 3B5, Canada
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise FOH staff performance and coordinate with them
- Participate in staff work scheduling and direct the activities
- Prepare and supervise food preparation
- Coordinate activities with kitchen to ensure all orders in a timely manner
- Estimation and order of ingredients and supplies needed for meal preparation
- Ensure that the food and service have the quality control standards and safety
- Train staff in customer service roles and cashiers
- Train staff in job duties, and sanitation and safety procedures
- Keep track of the records of stocks, repairs, sales and any waste
- Could participate in the food service staff selection
Requirements/Education and other requirements
- Completion of secondary school is required
- Completion of a community college program in hospitality management, or several years of experience in food preparation or customer service are required.
- Excellent time-management skills and flexibility
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of food safety practices
- Ability to lift 23 Kg (50 lbs)
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No views yet